Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is going to be released this friday. What else could be a better idea to celebrate this with an article. Even though Harry Potter series has come to an end and there may be many who are simply unhappy about this and it was something that addicted both the adults as well as the children alike. Isn’t it? As each series went on by Harry, the boy working as servant for his uncle and aunt in sweaty clothes grew up to be a mature and great wizard of all times apart from becoming one of the greatest characters evolved in the entire history.
Harry Potter Lessons
After reading all the seven thickening books on Harry Potter, undoubtedly you must have developed and learned some lessons in your daily life. The same happened with me as I really started turning out my character and started doing greater things in life and it was all by the influence of the reading Harry Potter and nothing else. Here you can find the top ten lessons learned by me.
1. To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.
Death has been given another face by the author in the last book and it seems to be a wonderful concept. Here she portrays death to be something which is not permanent instead, just parting from your friends for a short period. The concept about afterlife and also the views on it are simply marvelous. This book is the right one for teaching any child as it beautifully explains about death and also the life after. Even though the topic of death is reached out with terror and fantasies the end marks to be positive.
2. it is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
The entire series teaches us that there is no perfect man in the world and not even Albus Dumbledore and this can be judged depending on the choices made by us. It conveys the message of listening to our hearts and not every decision taken by us can be for good. Even people with great abilities can make mistake at times as we are not the Lord.
3. Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.
Heroes are always brought to glory and there is a respectful room for them always. Heroes are not those who just go in for the sake of doing it and die for nothing. Instead, they are to be brave, intelligent, and lucky and should also have the courage to face anything that comes along their way. Nobility is something which is strongly believed in the story as the best deeds can be contributed from any person whether he is coward or a servant.
4. Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
Perfectionism is not in the hands of humans as each and every individual makes mistake at any point of time. The book teaches us that it is not important how big the mistake you committed and how it was hard to alter your mind, but what counts is whether you have become much better after this mistake and whether your mind if pure after confessing everything. Snape is one character that rides to my mind when I think about this as he was one of the characters I really hated in the entire series until the 6th book. But, later on I really understood how choices and forgiveness play an important role and how you are sure to have a wonderful life ahead.
5. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
It is not always necessary that whatever we plan happens and it shows up in the book. Every time the plans are just misplaced and things happen which just pave way for luck and victory. This boost up our confidence in listening to our hearts as always strives to success by choosing the path and not the wrong one. Dreaming is of course good but to do it in our real life is the most important aspect to be followed by all. The book also teaches us a lesson that always makes sure not to let the dream take the best of us aback.
Also Read: 20 Best Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Self Confidence & Positive Thinking
6. I seem to remember telling you both that I would have to expel you if you broke any more school rules,” said Dumbledore. Ron opened his mouth in horror. “Which goes to show that the best of us must sometimes eat our words?”
One among the bravest things to be followed by anyone is to admit the mistake that you do and also to eat your own words. Isn’t it? The entire world might simply become a wonderful world to live if everyone follows the same rule of politeness and to admit mistakes and to say sorry instead of standing arrogantly for all the mistakes committed. Even the friendship that existed between the three friends in the story has been made stronger by telling sorry for the bad deeds committed by each of them.
7. Harry, I owe you an explanation,” said Dumbledore. “An explanation of an old man’s mistakes. For I see now that what I have done, and not done, with regard to you, bears all the hallmarks of the failings of age. Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young…and I seem to have forgotten lately.”
Forgetting to remember things is one of the greatest mistakes made by people. There are many instances when people just repeat the same mistake again and again without looking into the consequences they must be facing. Empathy is one of the significant qualities other than sympathy which has to be followed by anyone in their life to succeed just as Harry Potter did.
8. You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.
You starting point are not what is very important but where you end really counts for all your deeds. Just take a look at Harry, he started his life in the “Cupboard under the Stairs” and see where he ended up being one of the bravest, charming, strong and courageous wizard of all times leading the Dumbledore’s Army in the saga.
9. It is important to fight, and fight again, and keeps fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.
There are certain things that might come along with us troubling us for a while. Therefore, struggling against this is very important and you should never be let down at any point of time. At the same moment, not looking back to these things can dare you to lose your triumphs in life. Harry Potter faces hardships all way in his life and still he never lets himself down and fights back bravely to have a wonderful life ahead.
10. It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.
Also Read: 7 Lessons Paulo Coelho’s Book The Alchemist Teaches Us
It is not necessary that power is given only to those who are worthy enough. But the real strength and decree comes to only those who have leadership qualities entrusted on them like Harry Potter. Albus Dumbledore has been recognized as one of the greatest wizards of all times as he takes decision over the fact that that power is something valuable and should never is played with.
Harry Potter and the seven series have simply brought about great changes within me as you making life better and easier to live with great qualities and milestones to be achieved. Strive hard to get those on your life to have the happiest moments in your life!
These Are The Best Harry Potter Books, According To Goodreads